DelDOT is ramping up for the start of construction on I-95
Construction of this three-year project (two years of reduced lanes) starts on March 1. Before it begins, there is preliminary work that needs to be done. From Feb. 12-March 1, you will see lane and ramp closures as that work is completed. Most of this work will be done overnight or during the weekends.
This preliminary work will include:
- Restriping I-95
- Installing 4 new overhead signs
- Removing/relocating/installing guide signs
- Placing concrete safety barrier
Traffic alerts regarding lane and ramp closures are listed on this page.
Guide to Getting Around During Construction
Not sure what your travel options are during construction? The Restore the Corridor “Guide to Getting Around During Construction” will help answer your questions and provide the information you need, including maps showing lane/ramp closures and traffic patterns after the March 1 start of construction.
- 2/20-22 and 2/23-25 – Update I-95 SB Lane and Ramp Closures for Concrete Barrier and Striping Installation
- 2/20-22 and 2/23-25 – Update I-95 SB Overnight Closure for Concrete Barriers and Striping Installation
IN THE NEWS
- 1/29 – Construction Project on I-95 in Delaware to Last at Least 2 Years (NBC 10)
- 1/29 – Get ready, the I-95 restoration project starts in earnest next month (Delaware First Media)
- 1/28 – DelDOT holding virtual I-95 rehab project preview (WDEL)
- 1/26 – Here’s how tech is being used to reduce the pain of Restore the Corridor (Town Square Live)
- 1/22 – Construction on I-95 in Wilmington set to begin in February (6 ABC)
- 1/6 – Obras en la autopista I-95 en Wilmington (hoy en Delaware)